[sudo-discuss] Any web developers new to the game at SudoRoom?

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Sun Jul 3 08:35:29 PDT 2016

I know a cool young lady who happens to have an awesome kid! She completed
one of those developer bootcamps and is looking for a job.

I feel guilty because I know nothing about the web development industry
 for boot camp graduates- I know people will have many good and bad things
to say about boot camps or the development industry!

Anyway, I met a lot of nice people who were doing javascript workshops .Are
these still going on? I keep sending her to these nice but ultimately not
very helpful for getting a job or becoming great at programming all women
events that are sponsored by tech companies. ( These events are cool once
in a while and are a great way for men to show support, but going only to
all women events could handicap her IMHO. For beginners they are nice and
augment networking but should not replace it - She needs more than
inspirational talks, she needs mentorship and technical schools and
connections)

Are there other boot camp graduates who are interested in hanging out ?
I've also been guiding her to contribute to open source. I think there was
a javascript event, right ?

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com