[sudo-discuss] johnny ban / process?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Tue Jul 19 22:31:26 PDT 2016

apparently at the meeting last week, Johnny was banned for Safe-Space
reasons, but nobody informed him about this.

Earlier tonight, he asked if I would be at sudoroom tonight and i said
yes, and so he brought his project to work on, but he was stopped at the
door by someone who knew about the ban.  He asked for me and I spent the
next hour trying to sort through the mediation process and the
complexities of this particular situation.

In the future, when people are banned at a meeting it's important that
someone makes an effort to contact someone who is being banned to let them
know, and to inform them of how to participate in the mediation process.
To do otherwise discredits our important conflict resolution process and
disregards the basic rights of the accused.  In this case Johnny can be
easily reached by email, and is included in this message.

Johnny expressed a desire to participate in mediation as soon as possible,
since he is banned from the space until its conclusion.  He is also
dealing with eviction from his home right now so this is frustrating for
him, especially since he only found out about it after arriving at Omni to
work on a project.

is anyone stepping up to be a conflict steward and/or neutral mediator?

thanks
-jake