[sudo-discuss] johnny ban / process?

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 11:20:17 PDT 2016

i recuse myself.

i'm sorry that you felt that the mediation wasn't helpful. for the record,
during that mediation we discussed this claim that's on the sudo wiki right
now <https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2016-07-13#bans>: "At my last
place of residence, I had someone who said they were going to kick me out
if I didn't submit to their sexual advances." and all parties agreed that
this is in fact not what happened. so it's frustrating to me to see you
using this statement to get johnny banned given that last time we were all
in the same room, everyone agreed that this is in fact not what happened.

also, i'd like to clarify that at no point did i suggest that all of
johnny's behaviors were jokes. we discussed specific instances and in those
instances, i was sharing what johnny told me he was trying to do, which is
to be teasing. i also remember johnny apologizing for specific comments
that you brought up and indicated were hurtful. i'm only saying all this so
that i don't get accused of defending abusive language as joking - that is
very much opposite to my philosophy.