[sudo-discuss] entrepreneurial use of non-profit

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Thu May 19 02:40:28 PDT 2016

As a point of comparison - at CCL we have an explicit clause in our Board
Member Expectation statement that they are not to work on any projects that
are not open science at the space. And board members can be removed if they
do not live up to those expectations.

We added that clause because we feel it is important for board members to
set an example. But there is no such clause for regular members, because we
wouldn't want to prohibit people from finding a way to make a living off
their science.

Patrik