[sudo-discuss] Sudo Monthly Meeting-Flavored Party Tonight

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:04:07 PST 2016

7pm!

We need a quorum of 10 members to consent to the amended building purchase
proposal:

Since the last monthly sudo meeting, in which we consented
<https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2016-10-12#Proposals> to a 50/50
split of ownership with the omni by accepting the $1m donation, amending
our name and bylaws to mirror that of the current Omni entity, and becoming
a fiscally-sponsored project of this reformed org, the Omni's Fundraising
Working Group has developed a proposal that eases the financial and
bureaucratic overhead of splitting all income, expenses, and
responsibilities. The delegate council of the Omni has consented to a
proposal that sudo room accept BOTH the $1m donation and the $1m loan,
fully adopt Omni's bylaws and Board of Directors, and steward full
ownership of the building moving forward.

*Proposal: Extending the proposal consented on at the October 12th meeting,
Sudo Room will also accept the $1m loan and steward full ownership of 4799
Shattuck. To this end, Sudo Room authorizes Jennifer Ryan and Matthew
Senate, who are currently the authorized signatories of Sudo Room's bank
account, to make any financial transactions necessary to complete the
building purchase on behalf of the organization.*

If you cannot attend in-person, you can attend remotely on the pad.

Hope to see some of you tonight!

Cheers,
Jenny

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate

-Laurie Anderson

 -Hannah Arendt

-Stéphane Mallarmé