[sudo-discuss] Legal Observer Training scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 4th 11am-1pm in the ballroom

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 00:59:19 PST 2016

I meant to add: we should use Eventbrite more often, methinks, for these
free/by-donation events. Our current payout for this 2-hour training is
$175, and another $30 promised at the door. I expect that number to double
over this next week.

Would love to see more folks join the informal 'organize' working group,
which we popped up in the wake of the election and is also essentially the
rebirth of the Communications WG. I'm currently talking with folks about a
women's self-defense workshop, and we last week hosted a 100+ attendee
full-day direct action training that covered basics of civil disobedience,
legal/know your rights, first aid at protests, herbal aftercare, radical
photojournalism, and digital security.

Abe has begun turning the corner of the entrance hall into a space for
folks to come make flyers and banners, an extension of the rad zine library
in the middle of the room that he's also been curating. That space could
use moar rad posters, tools and resources for organizers if you'd like to
contribute. Tiny wishlist: get one of the Xerox copiers there working via
an ethernet cable run; canvas / sheets / infinity paper and non-oil-based
paints for indoor banner-making; bullhorns, generators, mobile sound
system, camera drone, livestream backpack for locked storage...

Wednesdays at 6:30pm in the Omni office (upstairs by the public terminals).
Join us to help facilitate vital organizing meetings and activist
trainings!

- organize AT omnicommons DOT org // https://omnicommons.org/organize

Jenny

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate

-Laurie Anderson

 -Hannah Arendt

-Stéphane Mallarmé