[sudo-discuss] Specs of e325 "rack" server machine

aaronco36 aaronco36 at fastmail.fm
Fri Oct 28 18:08:23 PDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 05:00 PM, Jake wrote:
> Hi aaronco36
> welcome to sudoroom!

Thank you for putting out the proverbial Welcome Mat!

> you're certainly welcome to work on the machine at sudoroom, but if you
> leave it there permanently i think it will be recycled as e-waste unless
> somebody takes it away.  It's too old and inefficient for us to use as a
> server, since we're trying to conserve electricity use.  Also we have a
> lot of server hardware already that we're not using.

Although when I visited earlier, I clearly saw another 120 GB IDE hard
drive on one of the shelves marked as questionably "Bad?".  Even if the
machine should be designated as e-waste (contains a fair amount of
heavy, non-PCB, re-usable steel metal) rather than someone else taking
the entire machine away, I think the two free hard drives are good and
reclaimable for other awesome sudoroom projects.
And both good 120 GB hard drives are there for the offering entirely
free; free as in not $20....
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/sop/5841954565.html

Before getting sent straight to e-waste, ppl could also easily strip
away the 3 GB of memory and the two CPUs (maybe other internal parts as
well?) for excellent project reclamation.

> Thanks for the offer!

You're very welcome!

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own