[sudo-discuss] Wiki registration broken?

Corey Johns corey at x64.co
Thu Sep 22 12:40:48 PDT 2016

Since I already had a Persona account, I figured I'd try to use it to log-in. However, Persona is no longer actively maintained by Mozilla, so my suggestion would be to remove that integration.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Persona

After providing my email and password through their SSO, I landed on a screen indicating that there was no account associated with my email, and gave me a form to provide a username and password to register one (or, to link an existing account). This flow seems pretty close to standard MediaWiki registration flow, probably provided via:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Persona

P.S.: is the Wikipedia logo in the top-left supposed to be tongue-in-cheek?

—

Corey | @stackptr

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 12:30 PM Charley Sheets

<
mailto:Charley Sheets <rcsheets at acm.org>
> wrote:

a, pre, code, a:link, body { word-wrap: break-word !important; }

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:39:42 -0700

Corey Johns <
mailto:corey at x64.co
> wrote:

> "Request an account" leads to a blank page

Confirmed. I've just opened an issue to track this. Since I don't think

we had anywhere to track this kind of problem, I've created a new

GitHub repo. Here's the issue I opened:
https://github.com/sudoroom/sudo-infrastructure/issues/1
> If I log-in via Persona, it shows a form to create an account, but

> doesn't appear to do anything.

I don't have Persona, so can't immediately test this.

Could you please briefly describe steps to reproduce? I've never even

used Persona, so I'm not sure how you're getting to the form, etc.

Thanks for bringing these issues to light.

--

Charley Sheets