[sudo-discuss] EFF forum on phone encryption Tuesday at SF Library

Ed Biow biow at riseup.net
Sun Apr 2 13:52:21 PDT 2017

https://occupyoakland.org/event/community-security-training-series/?instance_id=304654

Encryption Apps for your Phone: An Intermediate Workshop
<https://www.eff.org/event/encryption-apps-your-phone-intermediate-workshop>
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
6:00 pm to 7:30 pm

Also, folksinger David Rovics is doing a show tonight at the Backroom in
Berkeley, if anyone is interested:

https://occupyoakland.org/event/david-rovics-punk-baroque-world-tour-concert/?instance_id=305217

April 2, 2017 @ 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Where:
The Backroom
1984 Bonita Ave

Writing of 1984, there is a showing of the film at the Elmwood Theater
Tuesday, April 4 at 7PM.
https://occupyoakland.org/event/film-showing-1984/?instance_id=305193

And writing about great movies, there is a showing of my favorite movie
of all time, Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying & Love
The Bomb at 8PM on April 14th two Fridays from now at the splendid
Paramount Theater in Oakland. Their movie series is relatively
reasonable, only $5, and more fun than a barrel full of Mandrill baboons.

http://www.paramounttheatre.com/schedule.html

  -Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous
communist plot we have ever had to face.
                General Jack D. Ripper:

If God is watching us the least we can do is be entertaining.
Unfortunately it is also probably the most we can do.

Edmund Joseph Biow
328 Haddon Road
Oakland, California 94606
(510) 763-0591 (try first, messages checked in morning, dumb phone, no caller ID, leave number)
(415) 623-6473 (cell)

EMAIL:
biow at sonic.net - biow at riseup.net - biow at sonic.net - ejbiow at gmail.com - ebiow at yasashi.net

IM: ejbiow at gmail.com

To subscribe or unsubscribe to the lists I moderate send an email to the following:

Subscribe:
occupyoakland-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
occupyoaklanddiscuss-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
oaklandprivacyworkinggroup-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
oaklandpublicbank-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
occupyoaklandkitchen-subscribe at lists.riseup.net
oaklandlivablewagediscussion-subscribe at lists.riseup.net

Unsubscribe:

   (\__/)  .~    ~. ))
   /O O  ./      .'
  {O__,   \    {
    / .  . )    \
    |-| '-' \    } ))      Warning squirrels:
   .(   _(   )_.'         Einstein is on the prowl.
  '---.~_ _ _&
You can use a PGP key to encrypt and secure our messages. To start using it, you'll need to install an OpenPGP software on your computer.  Below you'll find a list of possible solutions for your operating system:

Windows: Kleopatra (http://gpg4win.de/download.html)Linux: GnuPG (https://www.gnupg.org/download/supported_systems.html)
OS X: GPG Keychain (https://gpgtools.org/#gpgsuite)
Linux: GnuPG (https://www.gnupg.org/related_software/frontends.html)
Android: OpenKeychain (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.sufficientlysecure.keychain)
iOS: iPGMail (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ipgmail/id430780873?mt=8)

Once you set up PGP on your computer please import my public key into your local OpenPGP Key-Manager. The valid PGP keys for my biow at cubasoldarity.net & biow at riseup.net accounts can be downloaded here: http://ebiow.yasashi.net/pgp/

An "easy" way to set up PGP on your computer is to download the free & open sources Thunderbird email client (available on Linux, Windohs & O$X) & install the EnigMail Add-On.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/all.html
https://www.enigmail.net/download/
https://www.enigmail.net/documentation/quickstart-ch1.php

Looking forward to exchange snooping-free messages with you & making the NSA spend mondo bucks to discover the secret of my bube's kartofel kugel recipe.