[sudo-discuss] Fwd: [omni-consensus] GCEA proposal

Charley Sheets rcsheets at acm.org
Sun Apr 23 01:02:23 PDT 2017

My thoughts:

If they haven't even tried locking up their valuables in a cabinet or
something, it seems a little odd to want to lock up the whole room. I'm
sensitive to concerns about theft, but it's not clear why "documents, a
laptop, projectors, children activity folders and other valuables"
couldn't be locked up when not in use, without locking the entire room.

Also, I'd expect that the code for the room will become widely known
over time, reducing the security of the valuables kept inside. On the
other hand, access to the valuables can likely be kept more restricted.
As opposed to giving the combination to "anyone who wants to use the
room when it is free", people who need access to GCEA documents,
laptop, projectors, folders, and other things could be issued keys.
Surely the number of people who will need access to those items is
more limited than the number of people who might ever want to use that
room.

Kind regards,
--
Charley Sheets