[sudo-discuss] Fwd: [dorkbotsf-blabber] Gift economy: Firmament LEDs

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 17:48:25 PST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christopher Schardt <atman at schardt.org>
Date: Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 5:05 PM
Subject: [dorkbotsf-blabber] Gift economy: Firmament LEDs
To: Dorkbot-Blabber <dorkbotsf-blabber at googlegroups.com>

Hi,

So last spring/summer I had to replace all of Firmament's LED modules.  Now
I have 20,000 or so modules to give away.  Most of them work, but I can't
guarantee which ones will and for how long, since they were all treated
badly by the Houston rains.

Each bag contains 435 or 465 modules in strings.  The strings are attached
to the bird netting that made up Firmament's old canopy.  There are JST
connectors at both ends of most of the strings, and power taps at the end of
every string.  All wiring is 18ga.

Each module contains a WS2801 chip and 3 5050 RGB LEDs.  They run on 12VDC.
You'll need a PixelPusher or other LED controller to make them do anything.

First come, first served!

Christopher

--
PEOPLE DOING STRANGE THINGS WITH ELECTRICITY
---