[sudo-discuss] How do we help SudoRoom become more project-based?

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Wed Feb 8 09:46:26 PST 2017

Thanks for the advice Patrik!

Something tells me that a group-led project might not work so well at
SudoRoom. I hope someone can prove me wrong! It's is a big benefit that
CCL/BioCurious have more "restrictions" around biohacking. You don't have
to be on a computer to do it, and it does require specialized laboratory
equipment.

*I would like to strive to bring the "constellation" of interesting
projects closer together at SudoRoom. *
Could we do it at the hardware hacking sessions?

Some observations:

   - We had a thread last year around "My Health, My art"
   http://sudoroom.github.io/MRI-Art-Landing-Page/ (where we would 3D print
   our MRIs) - it sort of lost steam. I guess people got all excited about it,
   but then things petered out.
   - Classes are fun, but they are teaching and education. I think
   CyberWizard was the most successful. However, I think there are a lot of
   hackers at Sudoroom and *it doesn't make sense to force someone,
   especially a woman because this is what often happens in this case, to
   become a teacher to people who aren't hackers.*

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com