[sudo-discuss] How do we help SudoRoom become more project-based?

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:40:41 PST 2017

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Romy Ilano <romy at snowyla.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the advice Patrik!
>
> Something tells me that a group-led project might not work so well at
> SudoRoom. I hope someone can prove me wrong!

Sudomesh seems to do pretty well though! That's an excellent example of the
kind of team projects I was suggesting. (If it were up to me, I would have
SudoMesh meet *in* Sudo Room though, rather than treating it as a
completely separate spinoff project)

> It's is a big benefit that CCL/BioCurious have more "restrictions" around
> biohacking. You don't have to be on a computer to do it, and it does
> require specialized laboratory equipment.

Not sure I understand why you consider that a benefit,or more conducive to
team projects. And note that there are plenty of purely bioinformatics or
software-based projects that CCL could be working on as well. It's just
that nobody has taken the initiative of creating a group project around
that so far.

Patrik