[sudo-discuss] @cere - has anyone made any immersive digital art experiences using stuff like Unity

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Thu Mar 9 12:15:12 PST 2017

Hey has anyone made an immersive digital art experience using something
like Unity?

Or is there an open source version?

I'm thinking along the lines of bill viola

Welcome to the official BILL VIOLA website
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwi9kvCGnsrSAhVHrFQKHazJDk0QFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billviola.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNFE15zERTb2cjzLD0TBKO1U5J9ERQ>

<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwi9kvCGnsrSAhVHrFQKHazJDk0QFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billviola.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNFE15zERTb2cjzLD0TBKO1U5J9ERQ>I'm
sure we can do a lot of this stuff without any technology or just using
simpler stuff on software, but you know: making a 3D immersive environment
with real materials can be costly, messy, etc.

I guess if I wanted to do something like that [a 3d funhouse!] would I have
to get to learn about projects and stuff?

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com