[sudo-discuss] Fwd: [CCL] Build a Biodigester Competition Kick Off

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 14:50:31 PST 2017

Not your usual Hardware Hacking! Come join us this evening in CCL for the
kickoff of our organic waste-to-energy competition.

We are planning to do a weekly hardware hack night Thursdays for teams
working on prototypes for this competition, followed by a hackathon end of
the month...

Come check it out!

Patrik

*Build a Biodigester Competition*
Sponsored by Everflux Technologies (www.everflux.tech)
Hosted by Counter Culture Labs (www.counterculturelabs.org/)

*Grand prize: $400 cash*

With common supplies and equipment that you can find at your local hardware
store, anyone can build their own biodigester to produce biogas for cooking
and heating from organic waste!

But what is the most efficient and cost effective design that will maximize
output, conserve space and save time? That's what we hope YOU will discover
with the Build a Biodigester Competition.

Teams of 2-4 people will have 3 weeks to design and gather supplies to
build a small biodigester. Then everyone will come together for a
*hackathon-style
weekend, March 31-April 2*, to build their biodigesters.

*Register your team here*: https://goo.gl/forms/RDIB3Pyy5UhHfKO22

*Please RSVP for the Kick-off event here: *https://www.meetup.com/C
ounter-Culture-Labs/events/237024807/

You do not have to attend the Kick-off event to participate, however
attendees will learn some key tips and tricks for building the best
biodigester and meeting the competition guidelines. You will also have an
opportunity to ask questions about the judging criteria, and get ideas for
biodigester designs and materials considerations. You don't want to miss
this!

Don't have a team? No sweat. Come to the Kick-off event and we'll find you
one.

This is an open science event; no one will claim intellectual property from
works created during the competition.
We hope to see you there,

Daniel Enking
Founder, Everflux Technologies