[sudo-discuss] Server Area: Clean Up + Organizing Stuff + Migrating Network Gear and Connections Between Racks (It already started.)

Charley Sheets rcsheets at acm.org
Sun May 14 14:15:40 PDT 2017

On Sun, 14 May 2017 13:45:38 -0700
Yardena Cohen <yardenack at gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you have?

I could free up one of these pretty quickly, and it does support
off-the-shelf Linux, but the CPU is pretty slow:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5015/SYS-5015A-EHF-D525.cfm

Mine has 4GB RAM and a somewhat questionable 16GB Super Talent SSD. I
would probably want to swap out the SSD for something newer and larger
before handing it over. I'd have to dig around and see what other
drives I have available. I'm guessing the router doesn't need a ton of
storage, though, right?

If that's not suitable for some reason (most likely the CPU?), I can
probably find something else.
--
Charley Sheets