[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] Linux dual boot on Basement Computer bank?

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 10:02:51 PST 2017

I'm searching my email for "basement computers" and "basement GCEA"
and I see a few different threads going back to this summer, all of
them involving people being confused and asking questions and
complaining that they have Windows. But I'm not able to find any
record of the delegates or the commons working group actually talking
about designating that space for GCEA. Can anybody point me to meeting
notes about this?

Personally, I think if GCEA has a legitimate need for these computers
in order to do their work, we should accommodate and help them make it
"official", whatever that looks like. Maybe they should be
acknowledged as stewards of a commons in the basement just like
Sudoers are stewards of a commons in our (relatively large) space.

At this point, anytime I see a new group enthusiastic about using
Omni, my instinct is to encourage and welcome them rather than hit
them with a bunch of rules. I get sad seeing the building empty and
would like to have more people around.