[sudo-discuss] Help organize a Net Neutrality Protest Dec. 7th!

Ed Biow biow at riseup.net
Sun Nov 26 17:54:44 PST 2017

On Dec. 14th the FCC [1] (Federal Communication Commission) is preparing
to dismantle net neutrality [2] which prevents the huge internet service
providers' oligopoly from unfairly discriminating against websites it
doesn't like and would help lead to the privatization &
commercialization of the internet.

But the grassroots is fighting back! Folks are organizing protests at
Verizon stores locations around the country. Verizon [3], in particular,
will make bigly profits from the destruction of net neutrality. In the
Oakland-Berkeley area there are 3 Verizon locations, and as of yet,
apparently no one is organizing [4] any actions there. We are going to
be the laughing stock of the national movement.

If you can be a contract for one of these Verizon protests, just go to
verizonprotests.com [5] and enter your contact info [6] for the location
that you pick! (The details are at the web site). The protests are
taking place on (or before) December 7th, so please help out with this
just as soon as you can!

Me, I'm useless, the 7th is my first wife's birthday (she was born on
the 25th anniversary of Pearl Harbor Day) and she wants me to take her
to Calistoga to view the smoking ruins. And the way I look, I better
stick with the partner I have.

Thanks for all you do,

Ed & the rump of Occupy Oakland

 Local Verizon stores: