[sudo-discuss] Rapping about wood

Captain Chesapeake daro120sudo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:09:25 PDT 2018

Hey thanks for the suggestion. I’m actually thinking of building essentially a small light box for each “pixel” with a white opaque screen at the opening and addressable RGB led at other end. Goal is to create the box long enough or with a collimating lens so that the light is almost parallel when it hits the screen. This way it has a luscious even glow at the screen. So it’s actually a matrix of 10x30 cells, 4”x4” by 3-6” deep each.

Trying to optimize weight/strength and also engineer the right fasteners for it.