[sudo-discuss] Mediation meeting for prospective sudo room member

Mitch Hundt plasmagear909 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 11:17:40 PDT 2018

Good afternoon,

last week I was personally attacked inside the Sudo Room Hacker space and
told by Matt that I needed to leave with no context whatsoever.

This offense occurred not 5 minutes from me entering the space while I was
delivering left over bakery snacks to the table where snacks are
occasionally left.

Matt, who has previously vouched for my access to the space as a
prospective member, walked in and demanded I leave with no context
whatsoever. He was verbally hostile in his demeanor and in the content that
he was delivering.

I was told later in the day, that the "safe space" policy was being used
against me and that Matt quickly took to slanderizing me via email and 3rd
parties saying that he did not feel safe around me after he had just very
unapologetically demanded I leave the space for no reason and with no
context to the situation.

 I made no verbal threats against him and I feel that he was simply using
illegitimate authoritarian methods to harass me. I can prove this via the
Omni commons and Sudo Room guide lines of which both rules are slightly
different and yet similar. Please keep that in mind at the meeting on
Wednesday.

Myself and another member attempted to discuss with him why he was so upset
with me later in the day to which he became very passionate again for no
good reason and continued to show hostility and an unwillingness to resolve
the conflict.

There needs to be a mediation meeting to have this resolved as I have taken
this offence *VERY* seriously and feel *PERSONAL*LY hurt and attacked by
this.

I will be around Wednesday for the SudoRoom Meeting to address my
grievances in person as I have been told this is the best time to do so. If
we can do it sooner, even better.