[sudo-discuss] Is there a welding hackerspace support for Revolution Books in Oakland?

jacques revera jacquesrevera at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 11:43:50 PST 2018

http://RevolutionBooks.org needs to make 50-100 a-frame
sidewalk-sandwich-boards out of angle iron very similar to
construction barriers
https://mollybandme.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/summer-construction-016.jpg
to mount posters promoting out weekly events

Is there a hackerspace that does welding in Oakland? I either need to
find a welder to donate labor or someone who can support me
inexperienced doing it myself welding / cutting / drilling the pieces
together - or do you know someone at The Crucibile who could support
this?

The photos show the first draft of our simple metal signs made out of
angle iron and in the background, you can see the current version and
size of our 4x1.5' posters.

Rev Books is fighting American fascists and has come under attack 9
times this year by the alt-right. There are many other reasons to
support this bookstore which is part of the center of building a
movement for revolution in this country.

Jacques