[sudo-discuss] Is there a welding hackerspace support for Revolution Books in Oakland?

Steve Berl steveberl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 12:08:00 PST 2018

Department of Spontaneous Combustion has open studio where you can weld
things with expert guidance.

They are Tuesday evenings at M0xy off 23rd Ave. Oakland.

https://www.facebook.com/events/512943699064394/
or
https://www.meetup.com/Ace-Monster-Toys/events/qqglsnyxdbjb/

If you want to take an actual welding class there you sign up through Ace
Monster Toys on meetup.com.
https://www.meetup.com/Ace-Monster-Toys/events/hpljwnyxdbcc/

If you want to chat with the folks from DSC, you can reach them on the Ace
Monster Toys slack channel #DSC.

-steve

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 11:43 AM, jacques revera <jacquesrevera at gmail.com>
wrote:

> http://RevolutionBooks.org needs to make 50-100 a-frame
> sidewalk-sandwich-boards out of angle iron very similar to
> construction barriers
> https://mollybandme.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/summer-
> construction-016.jpg
> to mount posters promoting out weekly events
>
> Is there a hackerspace that does welding in Oakland? I either need to
> find a welder to donate labor or someone who can support me
> inexperienced doing it myself welding / cutting / drilling the pieces
> together - or do you know someone at The Crucibile who could support
> this?
>
> The photos show the first draft of our simple metal signs made out of
> angle iron and in the background, you can see the current version and
> size of our 4x1.5' posters.
>
> Rev Books is fighting American fascists and has come under attack 9
> times this year by the alt-right. There are many other reasons to
> support this bookstore which is part of the center of building a
> movement for revolution in this country.
>
> Jacques

-steve