[sudo-discuss] DXF or SVG or? for scanner light fixture mount cutting for book scanner

jacques revera jacquesrevera at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 14:18:24 PST 2018

I will be there tues 7pm-ish

The lighting kit and cams (canon powershot elph 160) just arrived with the
lighting plate cut for the archivist. Photo attached.
My mistake on getting the cart before the horse. I did not know
diybookscanner was sending me this plate.
Maybe we will be able to just cut that plate down. Let's look at it.

I think the order of tasks needs to be something like.
1. Obtain bolts fitted to tripod mount to mount cameras
2. Mount cameras with a temporary spacer representing an adjustable plate
(plate needed for: 1. power attaches on bottom of cam . 2. Cam needs to be
adjustable in fine increments)
3. using archivist plate as a temporary, find the optimum lighting distance
4. create new structure to hold lighting plate
5. design new lighting plate if necessary from DXF or SVG file provided

We need to create more distance between the lights and the glass platen.
The hacker-space design was defective in that. It was suggested doing this
by eye is best