[sudo-discuss] Proposal: Co-Invest in 15' Step Ladder

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 16:08:27 PST 2018

Greetings Omninoms/sudoers/CCL'ers/meshers,

Last week, Omni's tall A-frame ladder disappeared from the entrance hall
(if anyone noticed someone exiting the building with a ~13' wooden ladder,
lmk).

Robb and I did a bit of research, and ladders that tall are hard to come by
and fairly expensive. This 15' A-frame Little Giant seems to be the best
bet:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00064C4SQ/

Our scaffolding is bulky, takes time to set up, and doesn't reach the
ceilings in the ballroom, entrance hall nor sudo/ccl. A bucket lift is ~10x
more expensive, and wouldn't be able to access some parts of the building
we'd use it in. With a ladder this size, we could use it for working on the
ceilings everywhere - and mesh could use it for our Sunday node mounts.

The cost is $674.80, so I'm proposing the following financial split:
* Omni - $330
* Sudo - $115
* CCL - $115
* Sudo Mesh - $115

Ideas on how best to securely store it?

Please let me know asap if there are any blocking concerns or better ideas.
I'll bring it up at the next sudoroom and mesh meetings and hopefully
someone can bring it up at CCL's.

<3
Jenny

Help open a professional kitchen at the Omni Commons in Oakland!
https://omnicommons.org/kitchen

-Laurie Anderson

 -Hannah Arendt

-Stéphane Mallarmé

"Anything done for the first time unleashes a demon."
--Dave Sim, "Cerebus the Aardvark"