[sudo-discuss] Fwd: Kaltek It Was The Best Of Times, It Was The Worst Of Times....

Hilary Naylor hnaylor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 09:23:15 PDT 2018

 Hi all,
  I'm sure some of you know Kal and/or have seen his awesome creations. If
you can spare a little to help him out, please do so.
thanks
Hilary

*---fwd---*
*Sent:* Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:57
*To:* seemen at ape.monkeybrains.net
*Subject:* Kaltek It Was The Best Of Times, It Was The Worst Of Times.......

Happy Summer!
Mine's a bit of struggle.
I am getting evicted from my studio, my home base and ground zero for 25
years.
So whaddya do?
Throw a fundraiser!
https://www.gofundme.com/save-kals-robots

I ran my studio as an experimental art/live space that housed and supported
over 100 other artists and activists. All with NO grants, no outside
support, no gallery sales and no renting to tech businesses. In 1995 when I
moved in the street was a dirt road and littered with abandoned cars and
homeless everywhere, prostitution rings and folks lurking to rob you.
It was the project that should have never worked: an artist supporting
artists by sharing below market rent.
Yet the 25 year run of people, events, exhibits are a testament to art over
commerce.

Now, like virtually all other artists in San Francisco, I'm getting
evicted.
I will keep making art.
I will keep supporting others who make art and are active for change.

Sincere thanks from the bottom of my heart for any support you can offer.
It has been a gift to share my space with so many amazing people. I’m
looking ahead to how I can keep doing this for the next 25 years.

ThankYou,ThankYou,TankYou!

Kal

---
Hilary Naylor, Ph.D.