[sudo-discuss] Saturday 2-5pm Piezoelectrics Bio/Art/Tech Inquiry with special artists bolwerK, Cere, & Ramy

ramy kim ramy.kim at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 20:36:58 PDT 2018

Hi CCL & Sudo Folx,

We have a really exciting workshop coming up this Saturday 2:00-5:00pm at CCL. Hoping to see you there! Details below, please RSVP on Meetup.

-Ramy

------

**Please check back on Meetup event page https://www.meetup.com/Counter-Culture-Labs/events/fspbbnyxkblc/ <https://www.meetup.com/Counter-Culture-Labs/events/fspbbnyxkblc/> for any updates prior to the scheduled workshop**

We are welcoming special guests, bolwerK <http://www.ooooo.be/>, Brussels-based artists who just performed at Yerba Buena Center of the Arts and will be giving their Open Lab workshop at Counter Culture Labs to show you how piezoelectric crystals [[[crystals that make electricity!]]] are made in CRYSTELLING <http://ooooo.be/crystelling/>

 <http://ooooo.be/crystelling/>"During open lab session, we grow piezo-electric crystals, and experiment with their physical, acoustic, electric and electromagnetic properties transmitting and receiving signals from the body to the mind & intra-acting frequencies." ~bolwerK

The first half of the workshop, bolwerK will walk you through making & experimenting with the crystals. And the second half of the workshop will be art & science explorations led by CCL hosts including using Daphnia magnus, a small water organism to test piezo electric principles in biology. We're hoping to amplify their movements and explore other electrifying bio topics

Workshop suggested fee: $10 to cover materials & prep; NOTAFLOF (No One is Turned Away for Lack of Funds) Classes are open to all CCL members and the general public. Ages 18+ or with a parent/guardian

Important note: We have invited a Meetup photographer to take photos at Counter Culture Labs during the workshop. Release forms will be required for those who are willing to be photographed. Anyone who does not want to be photographed may opt out, and must state their wishes to the organizers at the time of the event. Please let us know if you have any questions. See you there!

šŸ’„Hosted by:
Cere Davis (CCL member, science-artist)
& Ramy Kim (CCL member, environmental health)

Marthe Van Dessel, a performer, hacker, feminist sys admin, and multidisciplinary artivist who creates interfaces, devices, and protocols to instigate our urban and institutional hardware. She engages in the administrative, cultural, and political dimensions of personal and collective identities. By triggering intersubjective alliances she connects the ā€œself and otherā€ to the commons, coauthorship, and redistribution into the public domain.

AVnet, is a technical and logistical rescue team for infra-structural and service-oriented urgencies.