[sudo-discuss] Anyone still developing sudo-humans?

Corey corey at x64.co
Tue Mar 20 18:36:26 PDT 2018

I tried to involve myself in contributing last year but found a heavy
reliance on libraries that are neither well-documented nor using familiar
web paradigms. The original author of sudo-humans created these libraries
but does not seem to be active in the maintenance of them or the server.
His last contribution was 3 years ago. He seems to live in Hawaii now.

Unfortunately I am not motivated to learn the ins and outs of this project
as it stands. I see two viable paths forward for myself in getting involved
again:

1. Someone else very familiar with the project can walk me (and any other
interested parties) through the codebase so that I may effectively
contribute.

2. If there is sufficient interest, I can help spear-head or participate in
a rewrite.

I do not propose rewrites lightly, having written JS professionally for a
few years now and contributing to large codebases where I’ve had to jump
in. However, I’ve seen this project stalled for months so I present it as
an option.

--
Corey | @stackptr