[sudo-discuss] Build Your Own 3D Printer in 1 Day!

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 11:57:37 PDT 2018

This Saturday, come join us for a whole day workshop (8am to 8pm!) on
building a 3D printer at Counter Culture Labs, with some of the folks from
Open Source Ecology.

Build the open source 3D Printer with the lowest part count in the world.
Learn about 3D Printing with step-by-step guidance in a supportive
environment.

To support Counter Culture Labs, this workshop hosted by Open Source
Ecology is $10 recommended, but no one turned away due to lack of funds and
free to participate (please register using the link below). Walk-ins are
very welcome, especially if you're curious and want to swing by for a few
hours or less -- Open Source Ecology wants to share something new and
impressive with you. Register for FREE here:
https://microfactory.opensourceecology.org/portfolio/1-day-3d-printer-workshop-october27-oakland-ca/

We’ll show you step-by-step how to build this modular design in an
accessible and straightforward way. You’ll appreciate how an open source 3d
printer is designed and experience how teams can work together to build
something amazing, even if they’re novices. Each team takes a 3D printer
home to their community that they can use to build community-scale
infrastructure or make 3D printed objects.

To take a printer home, the price is $799. Compared with other open source
3D printers, ours can be built with off-the-shelf parts and our part count
is half the others, making it easier to understand, build, and maintain.
Because it is part of the Global Village Construction Set (for more info,
please watch our founder's TED talk here:
https://www.ted.com/talks/marcin_jakubowski), the OSE 3D printer is
designed to scale and handle industrial production, which means if you want
to some day build a 3 foot printer, this is the printer for you.
Additionally, every CAD design of the 3D printer is available in its
entirety, so if you want to change out printer heads to print something
other than PLA or ABS plastic, our design makes this process significantly
easier, especially because we have a 300 page manual to support builders
and a process to continually improve documentation.

Claim your 3D printer TODAY for 1 of 2 possible builds by registering here:
https://microfactory.opensourceecology.org/portfolio/1-day-3d-printer-workshop-october27-oakland-ca/

Schedule
The event runs 8am-8pm. Specific timing depends significantly on how we
progress as a group but generally we follow a timeline like this:

8am: Introduction. Applications of the 3D Printer Construction Set.
9am: Morning Build Session
12pm: Break
1pm: Afternoon Build Session
5pm: Break
6pm: Printer Calibration & First Prints
7pm: Review and Learning Discussion
8pm: Event ends

Special Offer
Registration secures your placement in this workshop to build and take home
a 3D Printer. Participants are welcome to bring along one or more persons
to share in the educational experience and assist the build for no extra
cost. The workshop is a fast-paced collaborative experience and goes well
with many helping hands!

Please register HERE to attend:
https://microfactory.opensourceecology.org/portfolio/1-day-3d-printer-workshop-october27-oakland-ca/