[sudo-discuss] Finances and Fundraising

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:28:45 PDT 2018

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 10:58 PM, Autonomous <autonomous666 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I run a 501(c)3 public charity and have been raising funds by receiving
> donations of physical items and re-selling them on ebay through "ebay for
> charity". It's enough to cover monthly expenses! I know Sudo receives
> donations of physical goods on a regular basis - some of which may not be
> needed. Sudo may also put items up for sale on ebay from time to time, and
> it is a plus to have "benefits charity" added to the listing.

By the way, CCL has some lab equipment we'd love to get rid off, and we're
offering a commission to whomever wants to try sell them on eBay or
Craigslist! Some of the excess equipment we have is worth a couple of
hundred dollars, even when sold as "for parts".

If somebody wants to help us with that, and donate part of the commission
to Sudo, be my guest. I believe the commission is currently set at
something like 15-20% - will check.

Patrik