[sudo-discuss] IMPORTANT: Annual fire inspection 4/25/19

Laura Turiano scylla at riseup.net
Thu Apr 11 16:46:31 PDT 2019

Everyone!

Omni Commons' Annual Fire Inspection for this year is scheduled for
Thursday, April 25^th at 3pm. The Assistant Fire Chief will be training
a new inspector - this gives even more reason to make sure we are up to
Fire Code Standards before they arrive. Please take some time between
now and then to clean and prepare before then. We should also schedule a
work party on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday that week to get everything
cleared and ready.

To prepare:

* All rooms must be unlocked or unlockable. Do we have a key to the CCL
closets on the master keyring?
* Ballroom must be cleared of tables and chairs, mezzanine of stray books
* Extension cords disconnected and pathways clear
* All hallways cleared of stuff and at least 3' clearance in front of
any electrical panels
* Any piles of stuff should be removed and cluttered areas organized,
especially if flammable
* All storage areas cleaned up a bit and flammable materials put away
(mesh in sudo; phat beets, Village, CCL in basement)
* Any easily flammable furniture that has appeared in the basement
(couches in particular) needs to be removed. Couches are something the
fire department told us to move out of the basement during our very
first inspection
* It would be great to finally finish the door into the bocce court

I will be able to be at the building that day to go on the walkthrough
but anyone else can join.

Thank you!

Laura