[sudo-discuss] Ventilation fan installed over sudoroom!

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Jul 7 13:48:11 PDT 2021

Last night an intrepid cabal of hackers hacked their way through a skylight to
install a high-flow ventilation fan on the roof!

The power cord hangs down into sudoroom so that mice and tiny hackers can
rappel down into the space rather than use the door like a noob.  Also the
power cord can be used to supply power to the fan so that it runs.

It uses 500 watts but is quite powerful.  I haven't seen our electric bill but
assuming we're paying about 25 cents per kilowatt-hour, leaving it on all the
time will cost us $3 per day, or $92 dollars per month.

I think that rather than leaving the fan on all the time, we should create a
sophisticated control system using a microphone and AI machine learning to
detect when people are flapping their mouths (meat talking) in the space, and
turn on the fan during those times.  We can also measure humidity, or have a
camera watching for motion, or even look at network traffic and see if people
are using data in the nearby area.  I can supply the relay connected to a
server where this software can make those decisions.

here is a picture of the finished product as viewed by birds.  If you want to
see what it looks like from below, go into sudoroom and plug it in.

https://sudoroom.org/wiki/File:Sudo_apt_install_vent_fan_on_roof.jpg

-jake