[sudo-discuss] [omni-finance] Invoice 2396 from Omni Commons

Jenny Ryan omni at jennyryan.net
Fri Jul 23 07:24:41 PDT 2021

Thanks, Sarah! Completely accurate on all counts.

These are automated invoices and it's been this way since 2014.

Sudo has $8,400 in the bank, thanks to some recent generous donations.

We officially owe Omni $20K in back rent.

What I think Sudo should do is:

- Requesting all back rent be forgiven due to the pandemic (see: FYE's
recent proposal);

- But also that half of the amount owed should be written off as a
work-trade amount for the labor cost of upgrading the building's
electrical (thank you Jake, Alex, yar, and others who've been working on
this!!) which I believe was quoted to us as somewhere between $7500-$10,000;

- Keep what's in our account ($8,400) for a cushion so we can begin to
pay again starting next month, and use the remaining funds to upgrade
the space (flooring, ventilation, etc) as we've been discussing for
awhile now;

- Work on membership recruitment, reactivation, and ensuring we're net
positive (raise monthly income from $1200 to at least $2200/month);

- We should also work with Noisebridge on a donor-matching fund, which
they've been very generously discussing, and raise something in the
realm of $20-50K for Omni as a whole;

- and ask for more money from Handshake :)

Would be great if some folks could take up the above proposals for
community discussion!

Much love,

Jenny