[sudo-discuss] seeking an energy-efficient, reliable PC with 2+ ethernet

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon May 3 17:41:34 PDT 2021

omni needs at least one low-power PC (not a laptop though) to use as a router
for the building.  If we get more than one, the second will be used for the
"sandbox" which is a computer that members can use for experiments and projects
at the space (without worrying about breaking the main router for the building)

so, if you have a decently modern, energy-efficient PC motherboard (with CPU)
and at least 4GB of RAM, and it's reliable and working, we'd love to have it!

it's OK if it doesn't have an enclosure, we can swap it into something.
Although a rack-mount enclosure would be ideal (although we'll need to add
ethernet cards if it doesn't already have at least two ports)

-jake