[sudo-discuss] [omni-consensus] El or Ellis set fires in the building

Jake jake at spaz.org
Tue Nov 2 13:50:20 PDT 2021

I wanted to follow up on this and formalize our position on this person coming
back to the building.  I think it's obvious that Ellis should be banned from
The Omni but I don't know what process is appropriate for documenting this.

I understand we have a "safe space ban" policy where a single person can
require another person to be banned, in which case I would personally take
responsibility for keeping this person away, as if it were a personal conflict
between us or something.  I feel that the Safe Space Ban process is
fundamentally flawed (or maybe it's just that we as a community are flawed) and
I don't feel like it's the appropriate venue for this situation.

So I want some clarity on this situation.  This is not a request for devil's
advocacy or the beginning of a long philosophical discussion, but I wonder if
that's where we're headed.

thanks
-jake