[sudo-discuss] Sudo fridge

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 23:39:29 PDT 2021

Hi,

Tomorrow Monday 10/18, electrical maintenance will be conducted in Sudo
such that Sudo’s fridge will no longer need a super long and
non-code-compliant extension cord to be functional, and can just plug in
directly.

The fridge has been emptied of prior biohazard by some kind / selfless
soul, but it is not itself cleaned.. It is still extremely gross. Now would
be the time to bleach it, and perhaps deionize / bathe it in UVb light or
otherwise sanitize it to determine whether it can be truly rid of mold in
all the places we can’t see.

As jake pointed out, it is a really nice fridge, so it is in some important
respects worth saving. At the same time, we are coming up on our last
planned batch of dump runs.

It has been at least a couple months, and the fridge is still unsanitary
(not complaining at all just stating the facts). If the fridge is not
sanitized by the end of the week, unless there is any objection, I will
plan to have it taken to the dump.

Fairly soon we will have banks, insurance representatives et al walking the
building. In its current condition, I would not want any of these parties
them to randomly open the fridge placed right along the common path of
travel through the building, so imo, this fridge needs to either be hecka
cleaned, or gone.

If a sudoer plans to take on this challenge, please let me know?

Best,
David