[sudo-prints] Fwd: [sudo-info] TAZ 3 Service Bulletin 24V firmware

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Fri May 9 18:48:30 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: support at lulzbot.com <support at lulzbot.com>
Date: Thu, May 8, 2014 at 6:27 AM
Subject: [sudo-info] TAZ 3 Service Bulletin 24V firmware
To: info at sudoroom.org

  Hello TAZ user,

We have received reports of hot end failures from a small number of TAZ
users with 24v systems. This includes the TAZ 3 model and TAZ 1 or 2
versions that have been user upgraded to 24V volts. These failures are
characterized by a sudden failure of the hot end.

After a thorough investigation, we have determined that in some cases the
default 24v firmware settings can cause the hot end heater resistor to fail
over time. We have tested and verified a software-based solution. We are
recommending that all TAZ 3 users upgrade the Marlin firmware with the
update instructions found here:
ohai-kit.alephobjects.com/project/marlin-resistor-update/<https://phplist.alephobjects.com/lists/lt.php?id=f0oBHwYaUwsA>

If you have had a hot end failure and have not already been assisted,
please contact customer support at support at lulzbot.com or 1-970-377-1111
during business hours, M-F 9am-5pm EST.

If you have any questions or would like assistance in upgrading the
firmware, please do not hesitate to contact our support team using the
contact information below.

1-970-377-1111 x610
support at lulzbot.com