[sudo-sys] [Mesh] [sudo-discuss] Fwd: Re: Server Room Status

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 7 17:13:21 PDT 2014

hi!

One note - electronic equipment (And the ones that cost $$$) tend to
want to be in a slightly more humidity and temperature controlled room
than "oh just cool it with outside air."

The outside air may be cool enough but it may have more moisture than
you'd like. Repeated cycling of temperature and humidity can
dramatically decrease shelf life. I've watched racks of computers go
bad quickly because someone used the "open the door to the outside"
method of cooling.

HTH,

-a