[sudo-sys] Slow internet

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 19:30:32 PDT 2015

Thanks for the update Juul.

Volunteering:
I volunteer to help with this wiring work, but definitely would be nice to
have someone else tagging along.

When:
A tentative day would be this coming Saturday, starting very early in the
day.

The idea:
To run the cable parallel to the current cable, and when ready to swap, we
swap, reducing the down time.

Daniel

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 4:53 PM, Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk> wrote:

> We've been having trouble with our internet.
>
> First we noticed terrible ping times (500 to 1500 ms) and Max B who has
> been running ping monitoring verified that this issue has been coming and
> going since around the beginning of July.
>
> I haven't seen that issue over the past couple of days but we _are_
> getting much less bandwidth than what we're paying for.
>
> I just disconnected everything from the DSL moodel and ran a speedtest
> with my laptop hooked straight into the DSL model and I got about 27
> mbit/sec down and 2 mbit/sec up.
>
> 2 mbit/sec upstream is a problem since we're trying to live-stream cyber
> wizard institute talks in 720p and the audio is dropping out.
>
> I filed a support request with LMI over the phone (no-one picked up).
> Hopefully they'll get back to me soon.
>
> The only thing it could be on our end is the kinda crummy cable we ran
> from the Rise Above room to the server rack. Anyone want to re-run this in
> a less terrible way?
>
> --
> marc/juul

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate