[sudo-sys] Room server

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 15:13:37 PDT 2020

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 9:22 AM Charles E. Lehner <cel at celehner.com> wrote:
> I'm unable to reach the room server. Is it down?

Historically we've had two subnets, 192.x and 100.x, served by
different switches. A couple weeks ago, the 192 switch died, and all
of its ethernet connections got (inadvisedly) moved up to the 100
switch. They still won't work without reassigning their IPs, but now
nobody is sure where all the cables go. The router (saros) and door
computer are still reachable because they had 100.x IPs.

I'm guessing you're trying to reach space.local which was
192.168.42.2. Someone needs to go log into its console, reassign it to
a 100.x IP, and update the port forwarding, but nobody's done that
yet. For the record, this machine is also wasting electricity (vastly
overprovisioned for what it does), running Ubuntu 14.04 (EOL April
2019), not hosting anything crucial to omni operations, and I
personally would prefer to replace it entirely, if someone else could
deal with finding the right hardware.