[sudo-sys] Room server

Charles E. Lehner cel at celehner.com
Tue Oct 6 17:17:39 PDT 2020

Thanks for that info, Yar.

I maintained a SSB node on space.local: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Secure_Scuttlebutt
If space.local is being decommissioned, I hope the SSB private key on it (~ssb/.ssb/secret) will be securely deleted from the device. I have a backup copy of it, which I can provide if/when we want to set up another SSB node.

About hardware:
When I was at Sudo Room last year, I saw a single-board computer in one of the bins - it looked like a ODROID-MC1: https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-mc1-solo/
If that's still there, it could maybe be used for a server, running Armbian: https://www.armbian.com/odroid-hc1/ It would need a microSD card, and a 5V barrel connector.