Just enough Sketch-up to pretend you can 3d model
(Redirected from Just enought Sketch-up to pretend you can 3d model)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- WHEN 2pm on Saturday the 16th of March.
- DURATION 2 hours
- LOCATION sudo room
- PRICE $0
- NUTSHELL Live Sketchup and print tutorial
- INSTRUCTOR Max Klein aka notconfusing
- Understand the workflow (Idea>Design>STL>Slice>Print).
- IDEA a miniature plate for canapes and appetizers that is ring and allows you to hold a drink in the same hand.
- DESIGN we'll make a 3d digital representation in sketchup
- STL gloss over this detail and leave it for another class
- SLICE gloss over this detail and leave it for another class
- PRINT marvel, and take home.
On the right you'll see some examples of what I've 3D printed at sudo room, having learned all my skills at sudo room, from sudoers.
- Level of 3d modelling experience (none required)
- 3D Printing Theory
- Sketchup (many options, but this is easiest, not necessarily most powerful or precise)
- Set views
- Basic Shapes
- Precise measurements
- Shape Manipulation
- Move vertice/edge
- Scale -1 Trick
- Advanced Shapes
- Follow me
- Ready? Let's Make something. Learner's requests?
- Slic3r slicing software (in a minor way)
- Sometimes can need NetFabb fixing
- Repetier Host Printer Software (in a minor way)
- How to manually adjust the 3d printer in times of crisis.
- Come with a laptop with sketchup installed. There's a free version for Windows and Mac. If you don't have this installed, you cannot begin immediately.
- Bring a mouse. Sketchup is much easier with a mouse, and all but impossible to learn with the track pad. Essential.
Add your name below if you know how, but you can also just show up on the day.
- Judi (who used the "edit" link, top of the page)
- Hbergeronx (talk) 17:07, 14 March 2013 (UTC) (matt)
- Naomi Sorbet
- Rodion Raskolnikov (aw dang, missed it)