Meeting Notes 2017-04-12
sudo room meeting - 12 April 2017
- Max - likes squids
- Charles - likes cats, they're really great
- Rob - likes dolphins, because they're better than us
- Jeff - cuttlefish
- Charley - likes cats, they're adorable
- Christine - all animals except humans (lol), jk whales
- Josh - dolphins
- Tim - red pandas
- Rossa - elephants
- Matt - sloth
- Steve - raccoons, had one that slept in bed with him(!)
- Robert - robotic tadigrades (water bears)
- lesley - banana/animal chimera ... jk actually humans
- Dmitri - birds
favorite animal and why
- Josh is here for the first time
- Tim is here for the first time also
- Charles - you can dial out from the telephones at omni commons -- as well as the payphone out front.
* press *7 from sudo phone on call from payphone to open front door. matt and charley say to disable. needs more accoutability for entrance. charles going to disable. * idea to enter pin to unlock
- new member Q&A - approve new members - what happens when members are approved? How to welcome them to space/improve that experience?
new member Q&A
1 Primary Questions:
- Robert Albert Young Chu
* to discuss mediation, and returning to the Sudoroom community as a whole
- Interested in talking to people about how to possibly re-enter sudo room community. What I'd like to get into moreso overall for the community is if I'm coming to the community to ask some questions, to come back in an appropriate and more trusting way. My actions can be more levelled off with more recommendations. I might not be a good fit, but I'm looking for that knowledge that I odn't currently have to become a better more efficient member of this community. Please note there was a lot of stuff going on at that time. I want to come back to the community and hack on my own projects. I went on my first trip around the world (mexico) and first road trip, and now I see the world in a lot more mellow way, not so goal-oriented/terminal. I have a slower modus operandi for working with other people.
- I was more high-strung at the time.
- I also wanted to move the most efficiently between one ladder and another -- this concerned marc.
- I wanted to make the space more efficient, I didn't hear Jake say not to move the robot arm brain--so I moved it.
- I want to start working on Hydrogen devices with Robert. -- I want to mod it to a 1993 geo metro.
- I want to get back into coding -- especially microcontrollers to do readings and test cases for my vehicle.
- I'm really into sustainability and efficiency -- health, etc. Real hacker lifestyle--unlike LifeHacker. I want to distribute information how to live the hacker lifestyle more efficiently.
- I want to create a huge open source hacker / hackerspace interweb version 2.0 -- whereas we're on version 4 or 5 now. There could be a hacker-space-or-hacker-place and check/out of spaces, for help and resources. Ping other places to bring those resources. In addition to that it will be a resource for hackerspaces to collaborate on a global scale--then they can trade and make efficiencies between hacker places. I want to get back into that. i think the distribution of resources on that level -- especially hackersapces -- would be monumental. Even makerspaces could sync up with it. It could make a huge positive impact to offset the negative impacts in the world right now.
- I also want to play with the laser cutter.
- And to top that off, I want to be able to build a comfortable community of understanding and trust, in which I would like to be able to address social problems.
- I want to continue working toward the hacker ethic, and be reunited with hacking communities.
- I don't know what else to say, I want to take this slow and with a grain of salt -- whatever feels comfortable. My idea is definitely different from others, and I respect that.
- Marc asked not to come back, and I respect that before the meeting.
2.1 Get them set up to pay membership dues on sudo-humans 2.2 Give them Blog and Wiki accounts. 2.3 Subscribe them to mailing list(s).