Mesh/03 Oct 2017
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 15:26, 30 October 2017 by Tunabananas (talk | contribs) (Created page with "Peoples Open Meeting - Oct. 03, 2017 = attendees = * marc - haven't done anyting interesting in the past week * Mai - has been here the last few weeks * Sierk - doesn't have...")
Peoples Open Meeting - Oct. 03, 2017
- marc - haven't done anyting interesting in the past week
- Mai - has been here the last few weeks
- Sierk - doesn't have any updates
- Robb - newish to group, took apart nodes from monkeybrainz
- Scott - been workin on disaster radio circuit boards, was using wrong dev board :(
- Jenny - working on 1023 app, put notes on riseup pad! if you wanna help - https://pad.riseup.net/p/sudomesh1023
- grant - sleeping in hammock in past week. been working on hammock driven design? my back is great and my mind is functioning
- Daniel - i'm daniel
- Grey - i've been to sudo mesh before. been to freifunk meeting ~3 years ago. i like routing and networks
- Bullitt - i'm bullitt. i thought about making portable nodes and spoke to lead from mitar. i could invest some time into making a housing for batteries
- RadamÃ©s - came for byoi. i teach. today i did a class with youth radio and talked about decentralized web and mentioned sudo mesh. teaching coding / data journalism
- Jehan - i'm jehan. i was fixing my little incentivized mesh node raspberry pi during byoi. going to wispapalooza next week. today was taking apart nanobridges for storage using PB Blaster
- going to WISPapooloza in Las Vegas, is still waiting for Skywalker Signature Series Chimney Mounts to arrive, got them gift-wrapped?
- WISP(Wireless ISP(Internet Service Provider) in rural areas are culturally different from urban WISPs
- we have a node on EFF, actually two nodes, not connected to the internet, but could be a good relay point. EFF HQ, Van Ness and Eddy.
- Mozilla Challenge: https://wirelesschallenge.mozilla.org
- for application can submit video, github repo, website
- jenny started a budget for peoplesopen app at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hE-DaJFBXl_7WaqvM1h8gcc3fl0cYgrWMfBeKLrv5jM/edit#gid=0
- juul recruited 2 new people for Disaster Radio, to help with design / documentation
- Science Hack Day in SF on October 14th & 15th - sign up if you want to come and work on Disaster Radio - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/science-hack-day-san-francisco-2017-registration-36948939272 - plan to crunch on the Mozilla app for Disaster Radio due 11/15
- nic working on drone-mountability; designed a mounting setup for automatically attaching a disasterradio to a pole; working on getting Autodesk to finance a drone that would be sufficient to use for this
- bullitt: can't see or log in to the public peoplesopen.net network @ nb
- will try turning it off and on again
- should re-aim the mission st-facing node to distribute better signal down the street
- remaining questions to answer being drafted here: https://pad.riseup.net/p/sudomesh1023
- board members - plz write a one-sentence description of your qualifications (~ line 26)
- marc: setting up a second hard drive for ?? - trying to have it ready by this weekend
- marc's quote was for ~$1000/mo for permission to mount our gear on their roof and utilize their fiber.
- dav's quote was $2-3000, but to aim their gear to his place. different location up near the hills.
- bullit - will talk to the coops again
- discreet possibility the main location could see the roof of the unitarian universalist church (1 block north & east)
- Dev's place in the hills - 1 Canyon Road, Berkeley - meet @ omni @ 1pm
- roof photos: http://share.niwas.net/roof.html
- bullitt will coordinate
- jenny: can it see chrisj's node in kensington?
- rad: how to convince people who are non-technical to join?
- free vpn
- share one ISP connection with neighbors instead of each having their own
- resiliency of networks
- intranet communications
- easy to share with guests - already open network, no password
- extend existing connection (eg to cover back of house or backyard)
- more use cases: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/MeshApps/UseCases
- plz add more!!
- pb blaster - jehan / robb / grant
- bylaws / bureaucracy - mai / jenny
- count # of donated nodes & send info to Ben
- board: add 1-sentence description / "qualifications" to the 1023 app - https://pad.riseup.net/p/sudomesh1023
- add use cases to https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/MeshApps/UseCases