Difference between revisions of "Mesh/30 May 2017"
(Created page with "people's open network hacknight - 16 May 2017 * Jorrit, Daniel, Jehan, Jenny, Will, Bullitt, Corey (new) * Jehan: ** Talked to terot shop - not owned by them ** Talked to Sto...")
Revision as of 14:42, 16 August 2017
people's open network hacknight - 16 May 2017
- Jorrit, Daniel, Jehan, Jenny, Will, Bullitt, Corey (new)
- Talked to terot shop - not owned by them
- Talked to StorQuest - got managers contact info - they have cell phone antennas on roof already - president personally approves contracts
- Talked to Reed Brothers - they're still interested - we should come back with equipment ready to install and do a demo
- Worked on taxes this week - got OC's taxes in - waiting on IRS response to OOC's 2014&2015 taxes before moving on taking over OOC's 501c3 or not
- Sudomesh 990N will be submitted will be submitted
- Talked t
- SSB on Raspberry Pi not working yet
Cory - has frontend JS experience and EE degree, would like to help out
Will - extender nodes at 50th St rooftop are not working (home nodes are working fine) - maybe didn't flash with the most recent firmware.
- discussion of implementing some way to check that extender node is working (in admin dash)
- On Sunday mounted a map on a foamboard in sudo - physical representation of the mesh - right now there are ~5 nodes on it
- Finished this Disaster PingPong thing with Grant last week - intro to the ESP8266, scans the wifi networks, checks signal strength
- Where to store media assets? Creating 'propaganda' repo on the github
- was here last weekend... set up a home node.
- Reminded to check in w/ Laney College
- Marc, Robb and Daniel cleaned out the mesh area and rack this wknd - removing extra cables, swapped out 2 switches with 2 new better ones
- Set up 2 HP PoE switches, a wireless controller,and an AP in sudo room w/ ID 'Omni Commons'
- Wants to set up another AP in the Den... marked 9 locations in total (3 in ballroom)
- Works at a battery storage company.. creating a virtual power plant for the grid. Data Analytics, and some software
NPR interview on mesh (Marc was interviewed for
- Using nodeMCU flashed onto the chip, LoRa scripts
- Marc got two nodes to finally talk to each other the other day \o/
- Message need to be less than 256 bytes
- 900 MHz
- Want to make little 'throwies' for distributing them
- invest in mac ethernet adaptor?
- send off the 990N [jenny]