Difference between revisions of "Sudo room/Agenda template"

From Sudo Room
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (2 revisions: uploads deprecated wiki from Hackerspaces.org pages beginning with /Sudo_room/)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
This is a template for Sudo Room meeting agendas. It's a useful framework to keep a basic structure together for Sudo Room related meetings. Like all things, nothing is universal or lasts forever, this is only built to be remixed, tweaked, and improved.
 
This is a template for Sudo Room meeting agendas. It's a useful framework to keep a basic structure together for Sudo Room related meetings. Like all things, nothing is universal or lasts forever, this is only built to be remixed, tweaked, and improved.
  
==Agenda==
+
=Template=
* Introduction
+
 
* Agenda-setting
+
Check out the Meeting archives here: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Minutes
** Review of Old Business
+
''How to use this agenda draft:'' Please substitute items in [ ] with text for this particular meeting
** Call for New Business
+
 
* Old Business
+
[DATE]
** Report-backs
+
Attending: [List Attendees]
* New Business
+
 
** Possibly some discussions
+
==Introductions==
* Re-cap concrete '''Action Items'''
+
''Let's get to know each other!''
* Conclusion, group hug
+
Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator]
 +
 
 +
* Introduction to purpose and format of this meeting
 +
 
 +
Brief personal intros (< 20 sec per person)
 +
* [Go-around topic]
 +
 
 +
Icebreaker (10 min)
 +
* [Pair/small group discussion on a topic. Ex: What are some ways that you resolve conflicts?]
 +
 
 +
==Announcements (Consent Agenda)==
 +
''Use this section to briefly announce and consent to items that need no more details or discussion''
 +
Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator]
 +
(< 8 minutes)
 +
 
 +
* May 25th: Showing of Judi Bari film in the entire space.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
=== ACTION ITEMS ===
 +
''Use this section to review old tasks and propose new tasks/topics for discussion. Keep topics brief - if topics are large, they can spillover into later discussion, after-meeting small group discussion, listserv discussion, or next meeting discussion''
 +
Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator]
 +
(< 30 mins)
 +
 
 +
Old Business:
 +
 
 +
* [EX: DONE: Eat cake.]
 +
* FUNDING ideas
 +
**Put your name next to specific projects that you are interested in
 +
**Membership management system - Bill and Tommy - POSTPONED TO HACKATHON sunday
 +
 
 +
New Business:
 +
* Topics for discussion
 +
**
 +
   
 +
* Action Items
 +
**
 +
 
 +
Postponed:
 +
''items here are not for discussion, only for reference for later meetings so that we don't forget about them :)''
 +
 
 +
* [Postponed until necessary] Eddan - Reference letter from George
 +
 
 +
==Fiscal Solvency==
 +
''In this section we review our current financial situation and budget, approve monthly budgets, and discuss any other finance-related issues.''
 +
Exchequer: Tommy
 +
Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator]
 +
(20 mins)
 +
 
 +
* Third Wed - collect dues! (2nd & 3rd - collect dues, 4th - assess where we're at) pay your dues!
 +
* Review and consensus process:
 +
** Fiscal Solvency Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlKk2X9KKqlFdFZJUy12x3ZUhDUmx2N3hUZldyejlXdFE#gid=7
 +
** Rent: $1500; Utilities: $220; Services: $50
 +
**Target membership contribution: $88 per member (based on approx. 30 people)
 +
* Financial Planning
 +
 
 +
==Amendments to the Articles of Association==
 +
''In this section we discuss and review any proposed amendments to the articles of association: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association''
 +
Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator]
 +
 
 +
==Conflict Resolution==
 +
''In this section we address any conflicts that have gone through the conflict resolution process as described here: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association#Section_3.2_Conflict_Resolution''
 +
Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator]
 +
 
 +
==Spillover!==
 +
''Add any discussion or other agenda item spillover to this section''
 +
Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator]
 +
* Communication with landlord: how do we communicate with the landlord?
 +
* Membership & Access Discussion: who is a member? what are the benefits of membership? how is membership related to access?
 +
 
 +
==Post-Meeting Small Group Meetups and Discussion==
 +
Co-Facilitators: YOU! & ?
 +
* Recap on IRC
 +
* meet after the meeting to move stuff downstairs
 +
 
 +
Scribe: Convert notes to wiki page [HOW?] and email the list with a link to the notes page and a succinct list of highlights (including action items).

Revision as of 19:53, 26 May 2013

This is a template for Sudo Room meeting agendas. It's a useful framework to keep a basic structure together for Sudo Room related meetings. Like all things, nothing is universal or lasts forever, this is only built to be remixed, tweaked, and improved.

Template

Check out the Meeting archives here: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Minutes How to use this agenda draft: Please substitute items in [ ] with text for this particular meeting

[DATE] Attending: [List Attendees]

Introductions

Let's get to know each other! Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator]

  • Introduction to purpose and format of this meeting

Brief personal intros (< 20 sec per person)

  • [Go-around topic]

Icebreaker (10 min)

  • [Pair/small group discussion on a topic. Ex: What are some ways that you resolve conflicts?]

Announcements (Consent Agenda)

Use this section to briefly announce and consent to items that need no more details or discussion Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator] (< 8 minutes)

  • May 25th: Showing of Judi Bari film in the entire space.


ACTION ITEMS

Use this section to review old tasks and propose new tasks/topics for discussion. Keep topics brief - if topics are large, they can spillover into later discussion, after-meeting small group discussion, listserv discussion, or next meeting discussion Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator] (< 30 mins)

Old Business:

  • [EX: DONE: Eat cake.]
  • FUNDING ideas
    • Put your name next to specific projects that you are interested in
    • Membership management system - Bill and Tommy - POSTPONED TO HACKATHON sunday

New Business:

  • Topics for discussion
  • Action Items

Postponed: items here are not for discussion, only for reference for later meetings so that we don't forget about them :)

  • [Postponed until necessary] Eddan - Reference letter from George

Fiscal Solvency

In this section we review our current financial situation and budget, approve monthly budgets, and discuss any other finance-related issues. Exchequer: Tommy Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator] (20 mins)

Amendments to the Articles of Association

In this section we discuss and review any proposed amendments to the articles of association: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator]

Conflict Resolution

In this section we address any conflicts that have gone through the conflict resolution process as described here: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association#Section_3.2_Conflict_Resolution Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator]

Spillover!

Add any discussion or other agenda item spillover to this section Co-Facilitator: [List Co-Facilitator]

  • Communication with landlord: how do we communicate with the landlord?
  • Membership & Access Discussion: who is a member? what are the benefits of membership? how is membership related to access?

Post-Meeting Small Group Meetups and Discussion

Co-Facilitators: YOU! & ?

  • Recap on IRC
  • meet after the meeting to move stuff downstairs

Scribe: Convert notes to wiki page [HOW?] and email the list with a link to the notes page and a succinct list of highlights (including action items).