[DisasterRadio] How start in 2020

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 09:44:39 PDT 2020

(whoops, I think I only sent my reply to Grant, sorry if this is a
dupe for the list.)

Hi Grant, Hi Antoni,

I had exactly the same question Antoni, and your answer Grant is
excellent. Thank you both very much.

The "off grid" part, will need a good battery, small solar panel,
sealed case of some type.

Once you know the power draw of the device, you can calculate the rest.

Anyone know if an "electric sheep fence" unit would be enough for a
few days of no sun operation? Those come in nice units with small
solar panel (40W?) battery, charge controller sealed for outdoor use
and are widely available at farm stores, no electronic skills needed,
but probably around 100 euros is my guess.

Good luck to all of us, and welcome Antoni! Please keep us updated on
your progress, a lot of people learn.

Best wishes, and stay safe.

Respectfully
Blake