[sudo-discuss] Meeting Minutes 7/30

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 13:41:38 PDT 2013

Reposted for posterity at:
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2013-07-30

*https://pad.riseup.net/p/sudoroommaintenance
*Check out the Meeting archives here:
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Minutes

*July 31 2013
=Attending=
*Matt, Jenny, Jordan, Kerrie, Danny, Timon, Len, Liberty, Ray, Donyan,
Louis, Maria, Jonathan, Xander, Andy,  Troy, Lazzuly [
artisincoffee at gmail.com] - coffee cart, Brendan, ?, Aylan, Rolo

=Introductions=
*Brief personal intros (< 20 sec per person)
*Icebreaker: What are you working on, and what do you need?
*Bike trailer
*Cider, apple crusher
*Mesh, more folks on tech, policy, community outreach
*Mate
*SudoKids, more volunteers, activities
*Biohacking (phage therapy), website
*R&D on student debt, advice & expertise
*Coworking space, sysadmin
*Destroying advertising, web dev & design
*Digital production focused on science/tech (thattechgirl.co)
*Nanotechnology to edit the genome
*Tech incubator, buy-in, people
*Consulting for big ideas
*Library
*PBX phone system, more info on system here, and consensus
*Mobile coffee cart & art gallery (and chocolate!!), advice
*Electronic LED musical sweater, midi shield & rgb led lights & EL wire
*Learning/listening, finding out what the project will be
*Sudo expand!

=Announcements (Consent Agenda)=
*Every Monday 7pm: LOL / Oakland Makerspace Open Hack Night (1234 23rd
Avenue)
*Every Thurs. at 7PM: Oakland Wiki meetup! http://www.oaklandwiki.org
**ALSO: Take the 2014 Mayor Key Issues Survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cGV6N9pmpmJmHiKS8VmQAGlwJQ4mioShXyyxmrD-Kas/viewform
*Every Thurs. at 8:30pm: Mesh Networking meetup:
http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh
*RADIO!!!! https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Sudo_Radio
**sign-ups
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrUsz7z5DodDVaZnJ4TW1ndC1jd1ZYejFhUmRoWXc#gid=0
*Regular check-in between The Public School and Sudo Room - Thursday
evening Supper Club potlucks starting at 6
*Organization / scheduling for a week-long Summer School at the end of
August
*We now have a shared calendar for the common space!
http://2141broadway.wordpress.com/calendar/
*Sudo Room Inventory / Cleanup weekend - this weekend
http://www.doodle.com/e8vwvvs6e24wkwy4
*New Economy Huddle this Friday, 6-9pm. Presentations by BACE Timebank and
EBBX [East Bay Barter Exchange] and brainstorm on alternative economic
models -
*Sudo Kids Tuesdays at 6pm-8pm. Food 5pm

==Other announcements:==
*Update from our landlord George
**Cleanliness of the space is imperative! Clean up after yourself and go
the extra mile. Always leave it better than you found it
**Key to the dumpster
*Message from Robert (Uptown Kitchen/Sound Room) about Trash.
*Need help with their wifi
**Expanding clientele, can't share their bins anymore (or can do exchange?)
**Requested to separate trash, compost, recycling more thoroughly
*Community Democracy Project [http://thecommunitydemocracyproject.org]
signature drive launch this weekend! 570 14th St, Suite #3, 2pm this
Saturday for training, lunch and hitting the streets!
*Laney Coding Club collaboration with sudo :)

= ACTION ITEMS =

==Old Action Items:==
*Add to the Sudo Room Neighborhood Outreach spreadsheet and take on a few
to reach out to:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao_Q7DQvNFT-dEdhZUJaQ3dDY2plMjMxR3BNNmJuRlE#gid=0
**Everyone? Jenny has added! Rabbit added! You should too!
*1. Research tax structures [
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Tax_Structure_Research] 2. [...] 3. Non-Profit!
[Danny, Brendan] plus
*Auto-reminder for weekly meetings [Bill, and Nate]
**group me?
*Make a flier, talking points [Jenny & Juul]
*Set up date for label-printing organizing of stuff event - Marina & Jenny
**Move more books inside Sudoroom
**Get rid of all the broken printers...
*"Who the fuck are we?" Assessing folks who've signed up to be members [in
final tab on the fiscal solvency sheet] [Danny, Liberty, Brendan (sans
traction)]
*"Oh yah and we owe people money" [Matt too now]
*Talk to JC re: sudomate funds [Jenny, Matt]

==New Action Items:==

==Postponed:==
*Add robots.txt for sudo room (open item for anyone to take on) MATT (out
of town)
*[Postponed until necessary] Eddan - Reference letter from George
*git-ify & flow-diagram-ify our articles
*Add calendar 2141broadway.wordpress.com to Infobot's screensaver [Max]
*Library - until RPS
*Catalog - Max
*Push Articles to Github

=Fiscal Solvency=
''In  this section we review our current financial situation and budget,
approve monthly budgets, and discuss any other finance-related issues.''
*Exchequer: Marina / Jenny / Bill
*Co-Facilitator:
*$2751.69 as of 7/31/13
*August Dues: $1800
*Total after August dues: $951.69
*Pay your dues!!
*We now have lockers, part of fundraising
* Review and consensus process:
** Fiscal Solvency Spreadsheet -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlKk2X9KKqlFdFZJUy12x3ZUhDUmx2N3hUZldyejlXdFE#gid=7
** Rent: $1500; Utilities: $220; Services: $50
**Target membership contribution: $88 per member (based on approx. 30
people)
=Amendments to the Articles of Association=
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association
*Threshold to become a card-carrying member [symbolic and/or access]
*RFID Access

=Conflict Resolution=
=Discussion Spillover=
*Laney Coding Club