Meeting Notes 2013-07-30

From Sudo Room
Jump to: navigation, search
  • July 31 2013

Attending

  • Matt, Jenny, Jordan, Kerrie, Danny, Timon, Len, Liberty, Ray, Donyan, Louis, Maria, Jonathan, Xander, Andy, Troy, Lazzuly [artisincoffee@gmail.com] - coffee cart, Brendan, ?, Aylan, Rolo

Introductions

  • Brief personal intros (< 20 sec per person)
  • Icebreaker: What are you working on, and what do you need?
  • Bike trailer
  • Cider, apple crusher
  • Mesh, more folks on tech, policy, community outreach
  • Mate
  • SudoKids, more volunteers, activities
  • Biohacking (phage therapy), website
  • R&D on student debt, advice & expertise
  • Coworking space, sysadmin
  • Destroying advertising, web dev & design
  • Digital production focused on science/tech (thattechgirl.co)
  • Nanotechnology to edit the genome
  • Tech incubator, buy-in, people
  • Consulting for big ideas
  • Library
  • PBX phone system, more info on system here, and consensus
  • Mobile coffee cart & art gallery (and chocolate!!), advice
  • Electronic LED musical sweater, midi shield & rgb led lights & EL wire
  • Learning/listening, finding out what the project will be
  • Sudo expand!

Announcements (Consent Agenda)

Other announcements:

  • Update from our landlord George
  • Cleanliness of the space is imperative! Clean up after yourself and go the extra mile. Always leave it better than you found it
  • Key to the dumpster
  • Message from Robert (Uptown Kitchen/Sound Room) about Trash.
  • Need help with their wifi
  • Expanding clientele, can't share their bins anymore (or can do exchange?)
  • Requested to separate trash, compost, recycling more thoroughly
  • Community Democracy Project [1] signature drive launch this weekend! 570 14th St, Suite #3, 2pm this Saturday for training, lunch and hitting the streets!
  • Laney Coding Club collaboration with sudo :)

ACTION ITEMS

Old Action Items:

  • Add to the Sudo Room Neighborhood Outreach spreadsheet and take on a few to reach out to: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao_Q7DQvNFT-dEdhZUJaQ3dDY2plMjMxR3BNNmJuRlE#gid=0
    • Everyone? Jenny has added! Rabbit added! You should too!
  • 1. Research tax structures [2] 2. [...] 3. Non-Profit! [Danny, Brendan] plus
  • Auto-reminder for weekly meetings [Bill, and Nate]
    • group me?
  • Make a flier, talking points [Jenny & Juul]
  • Set up date for label-printing organizing of stuff event - Marina & Jenny
    • Move more books inside Sudoroom
    • Get rid of all the broken printers...
  • "Who the fuck are we?" Assessing folks who've signed up to be members [in final tab on the fiscal solvency sheet] [Danny, Liberty, Brendan (sans traction)]
  • "Oh yah and we owe people money" [Matt too now]
  • Talk to JC re: sudomate funds [Jenny, Matt]

New Action Items:

Postponed:

  • Add robots.txt for sudo room (open item for anyone to take on) MATT (out of town)
  • [Postponed until necessary] Eddan - Reference letter from George
  • git-ify & flow-diagram-ify our articles
  • Add calendar 2141broadway.wordpress.com to Infobot's screensaver [Max]
  • Library - until RPS
  • Catalog - Max
  • Push Articles to Github

Fiscal Solvency

In this section we review our current financial situation and budget, approve monthly budgets, and discuss any other finance-related issues.

Amendments to the Articles of Association

https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association

  • Threshold to become a card-carrying member [symbolic and/or access]
  • RFID Access

Conflict Resolution

Discussion Spillover

  • Laney Coding Club

Post-Meeting Groups

  • Sudo Future