[sudo-discuss] This Friday! - The New Economy: Revitalizing our cash-free methods of exchange

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 00:54:39 PDT 2013

Hi all!

On Friday, July 19th we held our first POSSE [Potluck Orientation
Skill-share Swap-meet Event] at 2141 Broadway, hosted by the BACE Timebank.
Food was shared, friends were made, and all articulated things they needed
and things they had to offer. We're planning to make this a monthly event
on Third Fridays, and would love for this to be a collaborative project
with The Public School!

*This* Friday, we're having a co-presentation by BACE and EBBX [East Bay
Barter Exchange], followed by an open discussion of how to design cash-free
exchange systems. Bring some food and join us in cultivating a humane
economy!

*
 <http://sfbace.org/2013/07/29/the-new-economy-huddle/>*
* *

*The New Economy Huddle*

Come join us for a public presentation and brainstorm for future events to
usher in The New Economy. This Friday’s Huddle is being co-presented by
BACE and EBBX–East Bay Barter Exchange. It will be an open format inviting
input from members of our community for designing robust cash-free systems
of exchange. We invite all to bring a dish to share in pot-luck and your
thoughts for what ways would cash-free methods of currency inspire you the
most. We look forward to your joining us–

@ the Community Space of sudo room and The Public School

2141 Broadway at 22nd *Note––entrance on 22nd Street

freight elevator, stow your bike upstairs

Friday August 2nd, 6-9pm

http://sfbace.org/2013/07/29/the-new-economy-huddle/

*For an up-to-date listing of events held in the Commons of 2141 Broadway,
please visit our collaborative calendar here:
http://2141broadway.wordpress.com*

-------
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net