[sudo-discuss] this weekend (aug 3-4): sudo room total reorganization!

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Tue Jul 30 16:39:24 PDT 2013

i agree with not moving everything out!  was looking at the shop area last night - alot of those tools are pretty good where they are despite the accumulation of random stuff.  the cnc router and the low table with vise are definitely sticking out and obstructing the walkway though.

I propose:
-determining ahead of time whether some of the bulkier stuff stays and arranging for the relevant humans to remove them from the space prior to the weekend if possible.
-lining the lockers and filing cabinets up against the back wall (opposite the sinks)
-making the storage hallway more uniform, possibly building shelves, and definitely pulling the contents out for a good sorting.  I have a 4x8 platform about 3.5' high just sitting around in the yard of the adeline compound that could use a new home - more shelving could be placed on top of it.
-grouping computer components together - like, one monitor, cpu, keyboard, mouse, power cord together
-reducing the size of the milk crate cubby array

more meta, we should be better about tagging and documenting active hardware projects, and staying on people to finish them and send them fully functional out into the world.  I too am guilty of not contributing to this but will pull a bunch of inactive and semi-active projects from sudo room this week so they don't get in the way.  what is going on with the arcade cabinet and telescope platform?  someone noted that the bike maintenance area is unusable with them sitting there.

looking forward to the new reality